You know what they say…Beans, beans, they’re good for your heart….
With that in mind, we have our favorite Bean Recipes for you to enjoy today. Don’t forget to rinse them first!
THE TRADITIONAL WAY TO RINSE
1) Sort through the beans to remove any stones or debris.
2) With the beans in a colander, rinse them well with cold water, running your fingers through to reveal any more bits of dirt.
3) Transfer the beans to a large bowl filled with enough cold water to cover them by 2 inches. In hot weather, prevent the beans from fermenting by refrigerating while they soak.
4) Soak for 4-24 hours, until the beans have swelled to double their size.
5) Before cooking, drain the soaked beans and rinse once more before cooking the beans in fresh water.
THE QUICK-SOAK WAY TO RINSE
1) Rinse and pick over your beans for stones or debris.
2) Place beans in a pot and cover with 2-inches of water. Over high heat, bring to a boil, boil for 1 minute, remove from heat, cover pot and let sit for 1 hour.
OUR FAVORITE BEAN RECIPES